Finding the right wedding planner and enjoying the process…
“If it is your goal to have fun planning your wedding, then for goodness sake….hire a wedding planner before starting with the preparations” says Marius.
Finding the right wedding planner will not only be able to realise your magical wedding dreams with the promise of a perfect and seamless day but also allow you (AND YOUR FIANCÉ) to enjoy the process.
It is absolutely essential to involve a wedding planner if you wish to enjoy the planning phase of this almighty occasion so that you can leave the “less fun bits” to a professional coordinator.
Here are 5 vital tips for choosing the right person to coordinate your wedding:
1. When you first start to communicate with your wedding planner or make an enquiry, do they answer you quickly? “Communication is King” and if they are a good communicator, your life will already be made much easier as it means they are efficient and in control.
2. When you meet your wedding planner, do you feel at ease with them? Do they allow you to express yourself and embrace your wacky ideas, no matter how ridiculous they might seem to others? Are they smartly dressed, classy and seem to practice what they preach?
3. Are they expensive? Then go with them! Do not be put off by high prices. If you want an amazing wedding, you need a healthy budget. We are not talking European prices here, we are just saying that a wedding coordinator that is cheap will be unable to deliver the “wow” factor and will cut back everywhere they can, to save money with the risk of your day being mediocre. Attention to detail does not come cheap. Don’t buy a Ford Pinto and expect it to run like a Mercedes!
4. Who are their suppliers? Are they reliable? A good wedding planner uses only the best florists, the best event hire companies, the best venues to deliver your requirements. If you try to cut prices, you will find them struggling to deliver the promise by compromising quality. A wedding planner that has to spend the majority of their time chasing unreliable suppliers and finding back-ups when let down will mean they will have less time to focus on YOU.
5. Finally, browse through their portfolio. A good wedding planner will be so proud of his portfolio and if they are busy, additions and new wedding photos will appear constantly. This is a good sign that they are getting new work all the time and are being referred. Testimonials on their websites are also an excellent confident booster that you have chosen the right wedding company to trust with your arrangements.
It’s an exiting time, so have fun!!… and leave the more challenging issues for an experienced wedding planner to take care of.